英语四级

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

听电影<战争之王>学英语:场景2mp3

congcong 于2014-12-18发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
听电影<战争之王>学英语:场景2,含有mp3及中英对照文本台词阅读,供学习英语的人士参考学习。
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

For the first twenty-odd years of my life...

 在我生命的前二十几年里

Little Odessa was to me what it is to the Q train...

小奥德萨对我来说 就像对这列火车一样 ...

the end of the line.

是终点站 ...

"Little Odessa," New York - 1982

(纽约,小奥德萨,1982)

Oh, I did lie about my name.

哦,关于我的名字,我刚撒了个谎

It’s not really Yuri Orlov.

其实并不是尤里·奥洛夫

There’ve been few occasions in the in the 20th century...

在20世纪的某些时候

when it’s been an advantage be a Jew.

做个犹太人是有好处的

But in the ’seventies, to escape the Soviet Union,

70年代我们全家为了逃离苏联

our family pretended to be Jewish.

就伪装成犹太人

Little about my life has been kosher ever since

从此我就活得不怎么好

How’s it going, brother?

老哥,你好吗?

It’s not.

不怎么样

That’s Vitaly, my younger brother.

这是维塔利,我弟弟

He was as lost as me.

他和我一样,对生命感到迷惘

He didn’t know it yet.

只是他现在还不知道罢了

Yuri,

尤里

you’re late.

你迟到了

My father took his assumed identity to heart.

我父亲很快地就把 这伪装的身份当真了

He was more Jewish than most Jews.

他比很多犹太人更犹太

Which drove my Catholic mother crazy.

这使我信天主教的母亲很生气

How many times?

说过多少次啦?

I can’t eat shellfish.

我不能吃贝类

It’s treyf.

不圣洁

You’re not Jewish.

你不是犹太人

I like it.

但我喜欢这样

I like the hat.

我喜欢帽子

To remind us there is something...

时时提醒我们

above us.

上面有人类的主宰

I like that.

我喜欢那样想

I’m going to temple.

我要去(犹太)教堂

You’re not going to temple.

别去!

You go to temple more than the rabbi.

你比牧师去得还勤

Get off my back, woman.

你这女人少管我的事

God, will you ever wise up?

老天!你什么时候才能清醒点儿?

Yuri, don’t forget to check

尤里,别忘了去看一看

the specials at the Palace.

皇宫酒店的特价

Growing up in Little Odessa,

在小奥德萨长大

murder was everyday part of life.

人杀人是家常便饭

Russian mobsters had also migrated

俄罗斯黑帮

from the Soviet Union

也从苏联移民到了这里

and when they came to America,

而且他们来美国时

their baggage came with them.

还带着家伙呢

There was always some gangster

社区里

getting whacked in my neighborhood,

每天都有些帮派份子斗殴

but I’d never seen it with my own eyes.

只是我从没亲眼见过

I had this knack of showing up five minutes before something went down,

每次我总是早五分钟

or five minutes after.

或晚五分钟

Not that day.

但那天不一样

It hit me.

这一枪打醒了我

It couldn’t have hit me harder

枪打中他们带给我更大的震撼

if I was the one who’d been shot.

就像打在我身上一样

You go into the restaurant business...

你开饭馆

because people are always going to have to eat.

是因为人总是要吃饭

That was the day I realized my destiny...

就是那天,我意识到我的命运

lay in fulfilling another basic human need.

是为了提供人们的另一种生活必需品 ...

The next Sabbath, I went to temple with my father.

下个安息日,我和父亲一起去教堂

However, it wasn’t God I was trying to get close to.

然而上帝并不是我想要接近的

Eli, my eldest son, Yuri.

我的长子,尤里

My contact at synagogue landed me

在那儿我认识了第一把

my first Israeli-made Uzi submachine guns.

以色列制的乌兹冲锋枪

The first time you sell a gun...

第一次卖枪的感觉

is a lot like the first time you have sex.

很大程度上就象第一次做爱一样

You have absolutely no idea what you’re doing.

你根本不知道自己在干嘛

But it is exciting and one way or another,

虽然很刺激

it’s over way too fast.

但很快就结束了

Gentlemen.

先生们

The new Uzi machine pistol.

新型乌兹自动手枪

Big firepower in a small package.

体积虽小,但火力强大

This little baby uses 9 mm hollow points.

这宝贝用的是九毫米凹头子弹

Twenty twenty-five round extendable mags...

廿或廿五发可扩充式弹夹

rear-flip adjustable sights.

枪柄大小可调 ...

Silencer comes standard. Excellent recoil reduction.

消音器是标准装备 后座力极低

Muzzle jump reduced forty percent.

枪口上抬减少四成

Sixty percent improved noise suppression.

噪音减少六成

You could pump a mag into me

就算你“现在”

right now

朝我打完一整夹子弹

and never wake the guy in the next room.

也不会吵醒隔壁的人

Of course, that would eliminate your

但是这样你就没机会和我

opportunity for repeat business.

再做更大的生意了

I did have a natural instinct

我天生

for smuggling contraband.

就有走私违禁品的才能

Fortunately, back then a video camera

幸运的是

was a big as a bazooka

那时的摄像机有火箭筒那么大

Here I’d been running away from violence

我的一生都想远离暴力

my whole life, and I should’ve run towards it.

但其实我更该接近它才对

It’s in our nature.

这是人类的天性

The earliest human skeletons had

最初人类遗骸的肋骨腔中

spearheads in their rib cages.

就有一个矛箭头

Where have you been?

怎么搞这么久?

What if we had a customer?

如果客人来了怎么办?

God bless America.

上帝保佑美国

Beware of the dog? You don’t have a dog.

“当心恶犬” 你哪儿来的狗!

Are you trying to scare people?

想吓人呀?

No, it’s to scare me.

是吓我自己

Remind me to be aware of the dog in me.

随时提醒我内心中的恶犬

The dog wants to fuck everything that moves

它想袭击其他动物

Wants to fight and kill weaker dogs.

和击杀弱小同类的狗

I guess it’s to remind me to be more human.

提醒自己要像个人

Isn’t being a dog part of being human?

做条狗和做个人不是一个概念么?


 

 1 2 下一页

影视听力排行