在家中
●从起床到出门
◎ 早晨好! Good morning.
◎闹钟响了吗? Did the alarm clock go off?
Did the alarm clock buzz? = Did the alarm clock ring?
*go off是闹钟“响”的意思。
◎该起床了! It's time to get up!
= It's time to wake up! 该起床了
= It's time to get out of bed. 该起床了
= It's time to get ready. 该起床了
I don't wanna get up. (我真不想起。)
◎快点儿起床! Get up soon.
I don't want to. (我真不想起。)
◎你醒了吗? Are you awake?
Are you awake? (你醒了吗?)
I am now. (我刚醒。)
*get up是动词,表示“起床”、“起”的动作。awake是形容词,表示“醒了”、“没睡”的状态。
◎你不舒服吗? Are you feeling sick?
No, I'm just tired. (没有,只是有点儿累。)
◎睡得好吗? Did you sleep well?
Yes, I slept very well. (嗯,睡得挺好。)
Did you sleep well? (睡得好吗?)
No, I couldn't fall asleep. (哪儿啊,几乎没睡着。)
◎能帮我关掉闹钟吗? Would you turn off the alarm clock?
Please turn off the alarm clock. (请把闹钟关了。)
*turn off的原意是“关”,多用于收音机、电视、照明等类的东西。虽然现在有许多东西无需用按钮开关,但一般也用turn off表示。
◎你终于起来了。You finally got up.
I'm still sleepy. (我还困着呢!)
◎今天是个好天! It's a nice day!
= It's a beautiful day!
= It's a wonderful day!
= It's a great day!
It sure is. (是不错啊。)
◎昨晚你熬夜了? Did you stay up late last night?
= Did you go to bed late last night?
*stay up late“睡得晚”、“熬夜”。
◎把被子叠好。 Let's fold up the futon.
Let's put the futon away. (把被子收起来吧。)
*fold意为“折叠”,fold up意为“叠好”、“叠整齐”;futon原本是日文,现在英文中也逐渐使用,意为“被子”。
◎昨天晚上你打呼噜了。 You were snoring last night.
= You were sawing logs last night.
Did I keep you up? (影响你睡觉了吗?)
*snore“打呼噜”。
*saw logs原意为“锯木头”,在此用来表示“打呼噜”。
◎我做了个可怕的梦。 I had a nightmare.
It's all right now. (现在没事了。)
◎你一直没关灯啊。 You left the light on.
= You forgot to turn off the light. (你忘了关灯了。)
*left (leave)是“保持某种样子”、“保持某种状态”的意思,表达“电灯一直开着”、“发动机一直开着”、“窗户一直开着”也可以用这种句型。
◎我得洗脸了。 I have to go wash my face.
*go wash是go和wash两个动词连用,中常用。可以把它看作是go and wash的缩略形式。
◎该吃早饭了。 It's time to eat breakfast.
= It's time to have breakfast.
◎我还困着呢。 I'm still sleepy.
= I'm still drowsy.
◎我还打哈欠呢。I'm still yawning.
◎昨天的酒还没醒呢。I have a hangover.
◎我是个夜猫子。 I'm a night person.
I'm not. (我可不是。)
I'm a morning person. (我喜欢早起。)
*“早上起不来”的意思。
◎我是用咖啡来提神的。 Coffee wakes me up.
= Coffee gets me going.
◎刷牙了吗? Did you brush your teeth?
= Have you brushed your teeth?
◎我得梳梳头了。I have to comb my hair.
◎穿什么好呢? What should I wear?
= Which dress should I wear?
= Which one should I wear?
= What should I put on?
The red one. (穿红的吧!)
◎快换衣服。Hurry up and get dressed.
Why? (干嘛?)
◎把睡衣收好。Put those pajamas away!
Oh, I'm washing those. (啊,我正要洗呢。)
◎我走了,妈妈。 I'm leaving. Bye mom!
Study hard. (好好学习啊!)
I'll see you when I get back. 回头见!
I'm taking off now. 我走了!
See you. 再见!
See you later. 再见!
◎今天我们逃学吧。 Let's play hooky today!
Yeah, let's. (好哇,走吧!)
*play hooky为俚语“逃学”。
◎你毛衣穿反了。 You're wearing your sweater inside out.
◎上下颠倒了。It's upside down.
◎别忘了扔垃圾呀。 Don't forget to take out the garbage.
I won't. (忘不了!)
◎今天该你扔垃圾了。 It's your turn to take out the garbage.
*garbage也可以用trash和rubbish替代。
◎今天你干什么? What are you doing today?
We're having a track and field meet. (今天我们开运动会。)
◎你快点儿,我们该迟到了。If you don't hurry, we'll be late.
= Hurry up or we'll be late.
Okay, Okay. (知道了,知道了。)
◎快点儿,上学该迟到了。Hurry or you'll be late for school.
What time is it? (现在几点?)
◎你锁门了吗? Did you lock the door?
= Have you locked the door?
◎没忘了什么东西吧? Aren't you forgetting something?
I don't think so. (我想没有。)
◎都已经8点了! It's already 8:00.
= It's 8:00 already.
◎我晚了! I'm late!
Hurry up! (快点儿吧!)
◎我得赶紧走! I have to rush!
= I have to hurry (up)!
= I have to get going!
= I have to get moving.
◎你今天会回来得晚吗? Are you gonna be late today?
No, I'll be home at the usual time. (不,和平常一样。)
◎几点回来? What time are you coming home?
Around seven o'clock. (大概7点左右吧。)
◎饭盒带了吗? Have you got your lunch box?
Yes, right here. (嗯,带了。)
◎今天好像要下雨。 It might rain today.
Take your umbrella with you. (带上伞吧!)
◎出门的时候,可别忘了锁门。 Don't forget to lock the door when you leave.