Robust Muscles
强健的肌肉
(Sharon is playing the role of a TV show anchor. )
(雪伦的角色是电视节目主持人。)
S: Ladies and gentlemen, now it's Show Time. Let’s welcome Mr. Tim Wu. Wow,
S:女士们,先生们,欢迎蒂姆先生来到我们 的节目。哇,蒂姆!
T:Yes?
T:嗯?
S:See? Muscles? Tim,could you please tell me why you,re so strong?
S:瞧见了吗?都是肌肉?蒂姆,你能告诉 我为什么你那么强壮吗?
T: Yep. I am sure there're plenty of ladies out there who’d like to know how I build my muscles and plenty of guys who would like to know how to get rid of their beer bellies.
T:好的,我保证电视机前有很多女士想知 道我是怎么锻炼出这身肌肉的.还有很 多男士想知道怎样才能消除他们的啤酒 肚。
S:Then tell us,please.
S:请快点告诉大家吧。
T:OK,well,there are two words:pump iron.
T:好,秘诀只有两个字:举重。
S:Tim,do you go to the gym a lot?
S:蒂姆.你经常去健身房吗?
T : I am not a gym rat,but whenever I have time,I will go.
T:我算不上健身房的常客,但是只要我有 空.就会去。
S:OK,now,let’s see what you can do!
S:好,那现在让我们见识一下你的本事吧!
T:Well,here we have a rack of dumbbells.
T:这里有一排哑铃。
S: Let’s welcome Tim to lift dumbbells for us. Please.
S:欢迎蒂姆为我们展示举哑铃=请吧。
(Tim tries,but fails.)
(蒂姆试举哑铃,失败。)
T:OK, l'm not in good condition today. . . I didn’t have my breakfast.
T:好吧,我今天状态不怎么好……今天早 饭没吃。
S:Obviously you’re not in good condition.
S:很明显你今天状态不佳。
T: Yeah,but my posture is quite standard.
T:没错,但是我的姿势很标准哦。
S : Then could you show us something else?
S:那么你能给我们示范其他运动吗?
T :OK. If you want to build up your chest, you can do push-ups.
T:可以,如果想要锻炼胸肌的话,可以做些 俯卧撑。
S : Then how about arms?
S:如果想锻炼手臂呢?
T : If you want to work on your arms,you can do curls.
T:如果想锻炼手臂的话,可以做些弯曲运 动。
S:I feel you're giving your exercises lesson.
S:我觉得你像在上健身课。